Whatsapp is a popular messenger app that is used globally and it allows users to get awesome features such as personal chat, group chat, photo sharing, document sharing, video sharing, voice messaging, voice calling, sharing of contact details, etc conveniently. The main reason for the success of this free app is that it is having a simple and easy-to-use interface and you can add all people from your phonebook to WhatsApp as contacts. This is an internet-based app that makes use of your phone’s net data to make local, national as well as international calls and send messages.
Recently Introduced Whatsapp ‘Status’:
Influenced largely by Snapchat, Whatsapp recently launched a status feature that allows users to add photos or videos or simply text messages as their status. But there is no direct download button for the status of WhatsApp. So how can one download a photo or video from someone’s status? There are simple tricks that can help you achieve this without much hassle. Mostly status download can be done in 2 simple ways i.e. by making use of the status downloader app or simply using the settings of your smartphone. Let us check out the methods available.
Method 1: Make use of Mobile Settings:
- Make sure you have an active internet connection and then go to your Whatsapp account.
- Then you must go to the Status option and view the status of your friends and relatives and choose the status that you want to download to your phone.
- Go to the file manager of your phone or it would be named My files.
- In the file manager click on Settings and select the option of Show hidden files.
- Then you will be able to see all the hidden folders and files. Navigate to the folder – Whatsapp –> Media –> .statuses in order to view all the statuses of your contacts.
- Once you find the exact file that you are looking for then you can simply copy or move that file and put it in another folder.
- It is that simple, once you move the file to another location, it gets saved to your device.
Method 2: Using the Status Downloader App:
- You can download the status downloader app for free from the Google Play Store. Go to Google Play Store and search for the app. Simply download and install it on your Android device.
- Open the application of Whatsapp and navigate to the status tab.
- Return to the status downloader app and you can see all the status of your Whatsapp contacts.
- You will also find a download button on the status. Once you click on it then the status will be saved in your phone storage.
It is that simple and now you can enjoy viewing the status of your phone’s file manager or gallery. So what are you waiting for, if you love any of your friends’ statuses simply download and share it further.